Updated: Jun 30, 2022
(Except When To Do So’d Injure Them, Others or You)
It is not enough to “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” That’s what animals do. “I see it! I want it!” “Gotta get that!” Pig mounts sow when HE’S wound.
You don’t have to believe in God/Allah/Yahweh to use what God/Allah/Yahweh gave you to differentiate you from animals so you’d do no harm to self and others. A human body. A human brain. Mirror neurons. A conscience.
Say, for example, e.g., that is:
- You want to have “relations“ every single day—but your partner prefers quality and spontaneity with an actual adult;
- Your favorite past-time is shopping (yay!)—but your partner likes to hunt and get away from consumerism (you?) on the weekends;
- You like to fill every shelf, cabinet, drawer, closet, table, and space with furniture, clothes, shoes, bags and cans of “food”, Knick-knacks, decorations, and trinkets—but your partner and kids can’t concentrate for all the crap inside and out;
- You enjoy talking the second you wake up and don’t stop until your mouth finally shuts at night from (unbeknownst to you) sheer exhaustion;
- You don’t care about the filth on the floor, sink, dishes, and table, but it drives your partner literally insane; I mean INSANE.
Rule of thumb (The Platinum Rule): Do unto others they would have you do unto them except when to do so would injure them, others, or you.